Attorney Recruitment, Professional Legal Management
4 Year Degree
The Legal Personnel Assistant – Recruiting will assist in the administration and coordination of the Firm's recruiting and summer associate programs and will provide daily support to all members of the recruiting team.
This position is located in our New York office. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision care, 401(k) and health club privileges.
- Registering for OCI and maintaining OCI law school files;
- Processing resumes and registering for batch resume collections;
- Researching options and ordering items for recruiting season;
- Assisting with associate engagement plan;
- Preparing materials and compiling packets for on-campus interviews,
- Entering applicant data into Associate Recruiting and Applicant Follow-Up database;
- Responsible for administrative aspects of 1L hiring and preparing all materials;
- Scheduling interview dates for applicants and escorting applicants to and from in-office interviews;
- Preparing applicant papers and performing reference checks;
- Handling applicant communication;
- Planning and executing recruiting events both on-campus and off-campus, representing the Firm at various work-related events including Summer Associate events;
- Completing NALP feedback forms;
- Processing applicant expenses and tracking law firm cross-billing;
- Assisting with off season clerkship outreach and follow up;
- Preparing packets for Summer Associate weekend and orientation;
- Requesting and tracking Summer Associate transcripts;
- Assisting with Summer Associates’ onboarding and orientation;
- Assisting with Summer Associate advisor pairings, biographies, photographs and conflicts clearance forms;
- Conducting tours for Summer Associates;
- Maintaining Summer Associates’ personnel files;
- Assisting with collection of Summer Associate evaluations and follow up;
- Serving as Legal Personnel liaison for a group of Summer Associates,
- Conducting exit interviews at the end of the summer;
- Updating and maintaining Legal Personnel, CravathNet and board calendars;
- Submitting expense reports for Director of Legal Recruiting.
- Assisting with preparation of annual Hiring Goals Booklet;
- Supporting ad hoc hiring partner reporting;
- Documenting processes and procedures; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a strong academic record;
- Preferably at least one year of applicable professional experience;
- Ability to work and interact with attorneys at all levels;
- Ability to gain strong knowledge of the Firm, its culture, practices and policies;
- Ability to deal discreetly with confidential information;
- Excellent writing and communication skills, in addition to superior judgment;
- Computer applications including Word, Excel, Lotus Notes and other Legal Personnel (including PeopleSoft) and Recruiting applications built specifically for the Firm;
- Ability to work well under pressure and coordinate several activities at one time;
- Capable of solving problems and meeting deadlines; and
- Flexibility to work overtime when needed.
About Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP is one of the preeminent law firms in the world, with a long-established reputation for superior legal work. For nearly 200 years, our Firm has been building a tradition of excellence by handling the most challenging assignments for the most interesting clients.
Cravath has often been referred to as the quintessential United States law firm, and while our work is often international in nature, our roots have placed us alongside some of the most important events in the country's history.