We are seeking an attorney to join our dynamic and collaborative in-house Legal Department. In this high-profile, hands-on role you will report to the Associate General Counsel, Corporate Law and will be responsible for providing counsel to client groups on a wide variety of Real Estate matters.
• Provide advice and counseling to the General Manager – Real Estate and other internal clients on a wide array of real estate issues relating to the Company’s industrial footprint and legacy properties in various states.
• In-house legal point of contact for high profile, multi-million-dollar industrial real estate transactions. Responsible for drafting and/or oversight of all real estate transaction documents including purchase and sale agreements, deeds, right of ways, access and easement agreements and utility services.
• Prefer experience involving brown-field real estate transactions and mining properties. Must be familiar with legacy liability issues such as environmental and familiar with risk transfer concepts and insurance, mining and mineral rights, and water rights.
• Draft, improve and update standard real estate, construction, and facilities management forms.
• Manage and coordinate outside counsel including review of critical documents, preparing an outside counsel budget, and monitoring same.
• Assist the Corporate/Commercial group as needed with other commercial/transactional work such as M&A activity, sales and purchasing contracts and other misc. corporate law activities.
• Maintains a corporate culture with a high degree of emphasis on dignity, respect, and inclusion.
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field and 5+ years of relevant experience OR Juris Doctor degree with passion for Human Resources.
• Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations as well as governmental reporting and compliance.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing plant organizations and structures.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• High attention to detail and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
US Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn't be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles - to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation's energy resources - our products build quality of life for people around the world.
U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation - a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance.
We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness....
We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration - encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.
(California residents may visit www.ussteel.com/CANotice for information regarding collection of personal information and U. S. Steel's privacy practices.)